Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 85

The prep for my mother in-law continues.
But! Of course I had to visit my friends for coffee! So we sat outside and it was beautiful! But I did burn my part... Again.
3 hours later, I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few items to make my first German Chocolate cake.
I needed sweetened baking chocolate and evaporated milk.

So while in the baking aisle I found baking chocolate, but it didn't specify sweetened or unsweetened... So I called my mom to find out how I would tell, she didn't know, so I bought one of each :) then when I got home I called my sister, she helped, for future reference, unsweetened baking chocolate does not have sugar as an ingredient at all, all of the chocolate I bought had sugar. So then I had to choose which one to use, dark, semi dark, or milk chocolate. So my sister and I decided semi dark would be best, since it was kind of the middle ground.

Then my search for evaporated milk didn't end well... They don't have it, so I had to make it myself...

One hour later, the milk had evaporated enough to be evaporated milk... This cake took a lot of patience... I also had to make my egg whites into stiff white peaks...

The cake turned out good.

And so did the topping

And on my way to pick Josh up I saw this...
See the kid bouncing around in the car? Yes, seat belts kids, use the,





No comments:

Post a Comment